Thursday, February 17, 2011

How to set up my show rig.

When it comes to playing a show you need to know how to set up your equipment so I thought I'd teach you how to set up mine. My rig isnt the biggest or hardest setup. My show rig is a ESP LTD M-15, Fender Squire, Line 6 Spider 4 75 W and a Line 6 FBV2 channel pedal and a guitar cable.The first thing you want to do is find a good place to place the amp, once you place it on the ground find a a power outlet and plug it in. When your amp is plugged in and has power it is time to set up the pedal. Plug the pedals cable into the back of the amp and pull the cable out to where you are going to be standing on stage and lay down the pedal there. Now set up the guitar stand and set both guitars up on the stand, once you have done this plug in the green guitar cable and then put the ESP on and start to tune it. Make sure the ESP is in drop B tuning and the fender is in drop C. Later on during the show I tune the ESP down to drop A. When the guitars are properly tuned make sure you check the strap locks on the ESP so that it wont come off when your playing. Now that everything is good to go its time to check the sound and settings and effects. My amp has 4 channels that I can switch from. The first setting is a clean channel, second is my distortion, third is my dry distortion, and fourth is my flange effect. Check through all these, play a little bit if you have to. Once all those are good then the rig is ready to go and you are ready to tear down the house.


2 comments:

  1. Tis good^ Yeah, thats a unique set up...do you ever plan on changing it? Is it powerful enough to make a loud sound in a big room, and still keep its tone? I am just wondering because im looking for a guitar player...the one i have now is too good for our band...his names Devin and he is great, we suck. So if youre intrested in joining a crappy band hit me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know alot about guitars and amps but if I ever got into it I'm sure this would help me. It sounds like you've put a lot of work into making your music better. I think that if someone that just stared playing this would be a lot of help.

    ReplyDelete